Thursday, May 29, 2008

Traumatic Dressing Room Moments

Drama at Nordstrom Rack last night. Dan's unit has a ball on Friday, uh, tomorrow, and I didn't have anything to wear. I thought I'd just pop down to the rack and find something. NOT SO SIMPLE! Squish, squish, squish and POP! I won't frighten you with the gory details but I didn't actually bust a seam or anything it was skins popping out...EEWWWWWWWWWWWW! I almost brought myself to tears in the dressing room or really I just felt so bad that I felt kind of sick.

On the positive side, I'm trying to use it for motivation rather than a theme for a little pity party (though that was tempting for a millisecond). So, I came home, drank a glass of water, did my crunches, leg lifts and flutter kicks, had a cuppa tea and off to bed. I do feel better this morning. =)

So far, I've managed to meet all of my goals this week except potentially the 5x cardio, which I will meet if I work out the rest of the days this week. We walked 6 miles on Sunday and 3ish on Monday. I've had whole grain cereal or sprouted grain bread with eggs for breakfast and have managed to avoid sweets. Watermelon is filling in for candy and yogurt for ice cream.

Wish me luck in holding steady at the ball. Though in all honesty I probably am more likely to twist my ankle in my tall strappy sandles than eat dessert. =)

4 comments:

Cherry said...

I've experienced the dressing room meltdown. Left the mall without spending a penny for the first time in my life I think.

mindy said...

I wanna see pics from the ball! =)

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a dress for a wedding and I went through the same thing. I think that's when I finally realized how uncomfortable I am with myself. I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid in October and I'd rather not have a meltdown at David's Bridal. :(
I hope the ball is wonderful for you! And you just made me hungry for watermelon...

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Girl, welcome to the club!!! We've ALL been there....That's why were here!! haha.....

Good luck with everything and we are already so proud of you for just joining us in the journey!! Keep up the good work with the healthy choices and the good long walks!!!