Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I did NOT get hit by a train.

Hey Girls! It's good to be back and I apologize for being off the page for so long. It's been really busy with lots of things going on. We went of vacation for a week and there was all the prep for that and then when we got back from vacation we found out that Max's Auntie Fari is moving to California and could only watch him for one more week. Mad dash to find childcare. That issue has not been resolved but it's moving along. Still there was quite a bit of stress. =)

I have to admit I fell off the eating healthy and exercising band wagon but not as much as I originally thought. I seem to have a hard time with the AND part of the eating healthy and exercising goal. For about 10 days I actually managed a decent amount of cardio and even some strength training - though not much of that. I even did OK with walking, etc. while we were on vacation. Unfortunately, the eating well went by the wayside. For example, the celebrating of National Donut Day. Now this week, I've been doing well with the healthy eating, good portion control and almost no junk food or sweets and very little exercise. Perhaps this coming week I can manage to incorporate BOTH into my routine.

I had to share that I've discovered the skort which I previously made fun of BUT I LOVE IT. At this time in my life it's the perfect fit. I highly recommend it for the transitional body.

Here's a picture from the ball. You can't really see the dress but it's a picture. Sorry it's not a better dress picture, Min.



My new goals are to walk or treadmill for 1/2 hour a day for the whole week. Do some push ups/sit ups/ squats and overhead claps 3 times this week. Continue on the healthy eating (breakfast, low sweets and sensible dinner) and drink water. The last of my goals is to actually blog at least every other day so that I'm keeping track of how it's going and keeping in touch with living healthy peeps.

Talk to you gals soon!

In case you are wondering, the title is a somewhat obscure reference to O Brother Where Art Thou. George Clooney's character gets sent to a prison farm and his wife tells their children he was hit by a train. When he escapes the farm and sees the girls, they say, "Mama says you got hit by a train." It's funny if you've seen it. I swear.

2 comments:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

You go girl! You are doing great!!! Keep up the good work...the key is to just stay focused and that's what you are doing - getting back on track and pressing forward! It's always a struggle when vacationing, but it's great to get back into a routine! =)

mindy said...

Yay for the picture! You and Dan look so happy and amazing!

I can totally relate to the AND part of healthy eating and exercising. It’s hard enough to find time to do one…let alone both! Hehehe! I think you’re looking amazing and doing a fantastic job!

I wish I had more news about when we’d be back in Maryland, but the ERD is held up in Iraq. We have to get more paperwork in for it to move forward. I may be home in a few years – LOL! =) I’m really hoping for fall, but I’ve given up on knowing what the Army wants from me. Hopefully it’ll be sooner than later. =)